El Puerto de Santa Maria has many beautiful beaches all in the bay of Cadiz and each with their own distinct characteristics. Added to that there are also many fantastic beaches in the area that are less visited, but very impressive none the less.
These are the five main beaches in El Puerto:
*Valdelagrana is the beach closest to Cadiz and has a beautiful 6km beach with an impressive promenade and many bars, restaurants, ice cream stands and terraces.
*La Calita beach / Playa Muralla, also known as the Puerto Sherry beach is the smallest of the ones, but also the one with the nicest atmosphere and is essentially in a mini bay in Puerto. This is the perfect place to walk or cycle to on a Saturday or Sunday morning to have a coffee or lunch at one of the restaurants on the cliff just above the beach with fabulous views of the bay of Puerto Sherry and the bigger bay of Cadiz.
* Playa El Manantial / Fuentebravia, close to the American Naval Base in Rota, offers beautiful views of the ‘open sea’ and the base and also has some very good bars and restaurants with tapas. An excellent place to enjoy a tapa with stunning views over the sea or to chill out with a cocktail in your hand at bar TK3.
* Playa las Redes is one of the quieter beaches in El Puerto and this is where you can find most of the surfers of El Puerto. There is loads of space to relax, sunbathe, read or to comb the beach for shells or sea glass.
Check out this wonderful video of Puerto’s marvelous beaches and also you can find more videos of El Puerto here.
Our favourite beaches in the area around El Puerto include:
* Bolonia, a fabulous deserted beach with clear blue waters, one big sand dune and old ruins just behind the beach.
* Playa de las tres piedras in Costa Ballena. A beach that disappears completely when the tide is in, which is the perfect excuse to stop at the Carribean ‘Aljedrez’ bar for lunch or just some beers.
* Conil, a beautiful little town with a long beach and many little stands where you can buy jewellery, scarfs, a djembe and much more!
Looking for a relaxing but also educational holiday, why not combine enjoying El Puerto’s beaches with a Spanish Course? Want more info, well dont hesitate to contact us via our request info from or in our chat room.