Welcome to the Spark Spanish Ambassador page. Here you will find all the information you need to know about being a Spark Ambassador and promoting Spark Spanish in your local area, so please read the details very carefully.
Can I be a Spark Ambassador?
If you are a friendly and outgoing person with a great deal of energy and enthusiasm, plenty of creativity, you have a passion for languages and you are able to speak Spanish then we are interested in you. It is important to us that you share these characteristics which reflect our mentality and core values here at Spark Spanish.
What exactly will I do as an Ambassador and for how long?
As an Ambassador you will be responsible for representing and promoting Spark Spanish in your chosen area with the intention of leading more students to study at Spark. This will be for an initial period of 1 year (this can be an academic year if you are in education). Below is a detailed list of the work we would expect a Spark Ambassador to carry out:
- Local Marketing: Promoting Spark Spanish around your University or place of work, in your local area including at schools and colleges as well as any relevant businesses in order to bring more students to study at Spark Spanish. You will be provided with promotional material and any necessary resources but we would expect you to be creative, organised and decisive.
- Affiliate Networking: Understanding, using and building Spark Spanish’s affiliate network. You will be registered as an affiliate which will help us to track the website visitors, leads and sales you have personally generated. You will also be expected to encourage others to sign up as a Spark affiliate.
- Blogging Spark: Posting at least one article per month linking to Spark Spanish’s website on relevant blogs, which will build awareness of the business and also redirect interested individuals to our website. You will decide which websites and blogs are best but we will always be on hand to support you if you have any questions.
- Assisting Spark at events: This is if we are intending to visit an event or conference in your local area and we believe, having seen your work, that you will be a great asset by being present and working alongside us. If this is the case, we will give you plenty of notice in advance to ensure that you will be available.
- Representing Spark at events: Attending any events that you have identified and recommended to Spark. We will first have to approve this but we like to encourage you to use your initiative and propose exciting ideas to us.
- Social Networking: Posting and forwarding (sharing, retweeting or recommending) any posts on Spark Spanish’s social network pages, and in particular Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Spark Translations: This is only if you are fluent in a language other than English and Spanish and would be interested in translating the Spark Spanish website, listings or promotional material for use on foreign websites.
- Researching International Opportunities: We aim to attract students from around the world to learn Spanish with us here at Spark Spanish. If you are aware of any opportunities for promoting Spark abroad or of any funds, grants or scholarships in particular countries which may benefit Spark by gaining accreditation, we would like you to find further details and let us know. You could become the Spark Ambassador responsible for promoting the school in another country!
- Providing Updates: We will ask you to keep an ongoing record of your work for Spark which we will require you to send to us every month without delay. This will help you to keep track of the work you have carried out and will help us to understand how we can support you further if necessary*.
- Answering student queries: All Spark Ambassadors will be listed on the Spark Spanish website and may be contacted by possible new students with questions and queries about Spark. Your responsibility as an Ambassador is to answer these queries quickly and efficiently and of course to guide the student towards studying with Spark but remaining honest and sincere at all times. This would involve having active correspondence with the student and indicating this in the monthly update reports.
What benefits will I receive?
We care a lot about our Ambassadors and we believe you should be rewarded for your hard work on behalf of Spark Spanish. Below is a list of the benefits you will receive:
- All Ambassadors earn points for each task above which is carried out and completed. For example, the lowest points will be awarded for answering queries from potential clients and generating newsletter sign-ups, while the highest points will be awarded for generating a client, leading to a sale. Points can then be used to redeem a general Spanish course, shared accommodation and upgrades at Spark Spanish. This course would take place at a convenient time between November and May (prior booking required) and would include all aspects of our general Spanish course. If you would like to upgrade to a more intensive course, stay in a single room or opt for an add-on, you will still be able to do so but at the normal price rate.
- All Ambassadors who successfully complete a year as a Spark Ambassador will receive a reference reflecting their performance in the position.
How will Spark Spanish support me?
Before becoming an Ambassador we will contact you in order to get to know you better through an interview and understand how we can support you in the best way possible.
Once you have become an Ambassador we will support you in the following ways:-
- We will email you a guidance pack to help you which will include how many hours we suggest you work, a template for your monthly report and our advice on where to promote Spark Spanish.
- The Spark Ambassador responsible will provide you with monthly feedback on how you are doing after your monthly report has been received.
- As you know we are based in Spain but Spark representatives are regularly travelling around the world which might provide the opportunity for you to meet us and ask any questions you have as well as collecting any Spark Spanish promotional material that may be of use to you.
- We will also be available to chat online or Skype call with you during your time as an Ambassador in order to answer any questions you may have.
*If we believe from having reviewed your monthly records that you are not fully committed to being a Spark Spanish Ambassador, and this continues after we have provided support to ensure that you are in the best possible position to promote Spark, we have the right to withdraw your position as an Ambassador and cancel our offer of a free course with us.
If having read the profile above you are still interested in becoming a Spark Ambassador, please click on the button below to let us know (be sure to check the box indicating your interest in employment) and we will contact you very shortly to arrange a convenient time to speak. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you do not think that you fit the profile but know someone who might be interested, please do share this page as we want to hear from a wide range of people in many different locations.