Spanish Course for Demi-Pairs
If you would like to learn Spanish in Spain and enjoy a less intensive Au Pair experience then why not become a Demi-Pair with Spark? Being a Demi-Pair gives you the opportunity to work as an Au Pair but with more free time available to allow you to focus more on your Spanish learning.
Demi-Pairs would be expected to work 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, doing similar duties to that of an Au Pair, while having all your accommodation and meals for free.
|Student Receives||Programme Prices|
1.5 hours of class per day when on 1-1 basis
3 hours of class per day when 2 students
4 hours of class per day when 3 and more students
PLUS SEE NOTES BELOW
|8 weeks= 1260€
12 weeks= 1785€
16 weeks= 2380€
20 weeks= 2975€
24 weeks= 3570€
|Lodging with a family on a full board basis throughout programme length|
|PLACEMENT FEE: For all Demi-Pair programmes there is 299€ placement fee for finding a family. This fee is NOT commissionable.|
Information on Class
- mid July to September class will run on a group format with 20 classes per week, 4 a day 10-14.00 with a 15 minute break. There will also be a cultural activity programme during this period.
- In all other months, or on the rare occasion student is on own in class in a week during July to September, the classes would be 1.5 hours of one to one daily, 7.5 hours a week.
Demi-Pair Programme Requirements
- Demi-Pairs will work 5 days a week for 4 hours a day, this could include a weekend day. They will also be required to do one night time supervision per week, allowing the parents to either go out or away for that night.
- Their main task will be looking after children but they will usually also be required to do simple domestic tasks.
- The Demi-Pair should communicate in the chosen language of the parents. This will normally be English but may be another language depending on the family request and student linguistic ability.
- Demi-Pair must be a suitable person to work with children, demonstrating prior experience. It is Spark’s responsibility to make sure the homestay family is an appropriate one to have a demi-pair at home.
- Spark will insist on both the Demi-Pair and family signing an agreement document so all arrangements are as clear as possible.