Work Experience in Spain with Spark
We have a special year round programme adapted for teens (15-19 years old) who are still at school and wishing to learn Spanish and develop vital first work experience whilst staying with a Spanish host family.
Main Features of Programme
- Family Stay with family with a child of same gender and of similar age. All families vetted and work with us year round with school parties.
- All meals, although lunch may be picnic.
- Own room. Bathroom may be shared.
- Family vetted and experienced.
- Host partner of apx. same age.
- Spanish Classes: a private or closed group with another work+study teen for 1.5 hours a day Monday to Friday if on own and 2 hours if in a micro group.
- Work Experience: all our work experience is in our office and academy. This means students can learn vital work skills from highly experienced personal as usually their tutor is Spark’s general manager. See list of example tasks below.
- Transfers from Jerez Airport included. Add on option Sevilla.
08.00-09.30: morning with host family.
09.30-13.00* : work experience in Spark.
13.00-14.30: private or closed group class with native teacher.
15.00-22.00: afternoon and evening with Spanish family, including all meals.
Weekend: spending time with family.
- Age 15-19.
- Maturity and independence for age (note this is an important aspect of this programme). Due to staying with a Spanish family and taking on work tasks it is important for the student to have a natural level of autonomy for their age.
- Desire to learn and develope.
- Set work experience time is 3-4 hours per day, although it could be at times more hours on one day and less on another. On occassion it could cover some afternoon or weekend time.
- Tutor to push professional development throughout.
- ***Normally this tutor is our general manager, meaning the capacity for learning is high.
- Training in personal professsional development, a vital starting point for any young learner.
- Work Reference reflecting performance.
- Experienced family. Also family coordinator in Spark to help when needed.
- Attentive caring, qualitfies native teacher.
- Translation of website or commercial material.
- Interior design and decorating in Spark.
- Marketing or blogging.
- Working with children and support assistance with our school groups. Can include serving food and helping out with logistical coordination and set up.
- General admin office support.
- Helping out with English classes on Fridays or Saturday game days.
- See more on the type of work done here.
Prices and Conditions
- Due to nature of this programme there is a minimum stay of 2 weeks.
- Two Week Price: 1249€. Three week 1749€. + 579€ for any extra week. This includes:
- Family Stay.
- Full Board.
- Spanish Classes.
- Tutor + Family Coordinator throughout.
- Appraisal, Development programme + reference.
- Transfers: pick up and drop to Jerez airport. + 65€ per journey for Sevilla.
*timetable is subject to change. Classes could be at the end of the work time and work experience at the beginning. Some work experience may take place in the afternoons or weekend.