Andalusia is well connected to the rest of the world and it is easy to get to El Puerto de Santa Maria once you’re in Spain. There are several major airports (Jerez, Seville, Malaga) in the area of El Puerto if you are coming from somewhere outside of Spain. For groups (larger than 10) we can arrange pick ups from anywhere in Spain and for adult programmes only we offer pick ups from Jerez airport for a nominal fee (on Sundays) during high season (July-September).
– Aena: To see the flights that operate to any airport in Spain. Select the airport you wish to see the connections for in “choose an aiport”.
– Renfe: national train connections (note it isnt for local routes). Note that El Puerto de Santa Maria may be listed under “P” rather than “E”.
– Cercanias: Local Train Connections, this is for when you are getting a train from somewhere in the province of Cadiz to El Puerto de Santa Maria.
– Local Transport in El Puerto de Santa: this link is only in Spanish but it has useful links to buses (local and in the province), ferries as well as info on the local airports.
– Direct link to local bus routes in the town of El Puerto de Santa Maria.
– Catamaran (Boat) a Cadiz – El Puerto de Santa Maria
– Spark Location: find us on google maps so you can easily make your way to use once you arrive in El Puerto. We’re Spark Languages, Calle de los Espadas 6.
– Transport from Jerez Airport: List of transport possibilities from Jerez airport to El Puerto de Santa Maria and vice versa (version Sep 2013). Check Jerez airport website for the most update transport information.
– Taxi El Puerto de Santa Maria and Andalucia in general > 0034 956 858 584
* Jerez de la Frontera is the closest but smallest airport and has many flights to and from different countries. From Jerez you can take a bus, train (click on cercanias above or Jerez airport timetable link above) or taxi (apx 40E) to El Puerto, which takes about half an hour. For adult programmes starting on Sundays during high season (July-September), we do pick ups from Jerez airport straight to Spark or your apartment for a nominal fee. Jerez is connected to London, Germany, Austria and Belguim and many additional destinations exist via transit flights from Madrid or Barcelona. Refer below for connections:
Flight Connection to Jerez as of April 2016
* Sevilla airport is the next closest and a slightly bigger airport. From the airport it is very easy to get to El Puerto: there are buses that take you to Sevilla train station (Santa Justa) from where you can take a direct train (click on Renfe link above) to El Puerto, there are apx 10-15 trains daily and the cost is around 18€ one way. Be careful to select the correct day when looking at the timetable as timetable vary at the weekend and on holidays. It is also possible to take a bus to El Puerto for a little cheaper.
* Malaga airport is the biggest airport in the area and has the most connections with many cities and countries from around the world. All the cheap airlines operate out of the airport and cheap flights are nearly always available. You can take the train to Dos Hermanas (one stop before Seville) and then to El Puerto or take a bus to El Puerto via Cadiz.
*Madrid. Flying into Madrid (Barajas) airport is another option as there are many flights to Madrid from all over the world, from where you can take a connection flight to El Puerto or take a train (Seville and soon Cadiz are connected by the high speed AVE train) or bus.
*Barcelona airport is also an interesting option if you are arriving from somewhere within Europe and then take a connecting flight to Andalucia. Need help organizing your transport or tips on where to get the cheapest flight, why not contact us.
By train and bus
El Puerto is well connected to all of Spain and even has a high speed train connection with Madrid and Seville. Go to the Renfe (Spain’s train company) website, link at top of page, to get the most up to date information on train times and connections.
Pick ups for individual adults,
* We organise pick ups and drop offs to El Puerto train / bus station and Jerez airport for a nominal fee during high season July-September.
* All transfers are on the Sunday before the start of a course between 16.30 and 23.30.
* Pick ups have to be booked at least 7 days in advance.
* You can arrange your pick up on your application form or by contacting us. Make sure to let us know at least 7 days before the start of your course.
* If you are coming during the rest of the year dont worry as getting here is easy and we will have a Spark staff member waiting for you in Spark from 14.30-23.30 ready to take you to your accommodation.
Pick ups for School Groups or Adult Parties,
* We can organize a pick up and drop off for groups by bus from anyway in Andalucia. We would send an accompanying champerone to make sure your trip is hazzle free one.