Spark runs an English language academy for +225 children in wonderful El Puerto de Santa Maria . We are one of the only language academies in area who are principally dedicated to young learners. Full information on English Academy is available on the webside Spark Ingles.
We look for young applicants (or young at heart) with lots of energy and a desire to improve and develop. Spark candidates should be ambitious – but they need not be experienced – as we welcome applications from first time teachers. Potential staff should definitely not see TEFL as the easy life, as we are passionate and dedicated about what we do and we push for our staff to be the very best they can be> see our mission. We are very supportive, not just professionally, but personally too. We recognize our staff are our most important investors and we strive to enable them to realize all their inner potential, as together we know we can and will achieve great things. Please download our job profile Spark TEFL teacher 2021-22 for more information. To apply for any of these positions please go to our online application form.
Five reasons to work at Spark Languages:
- Amazing professional development > perfect first time teaching position.
- Friendly and family atmosphere > fun and friendly place to work.
- Compact Timetable in afternoon* > no spread out timetables like in many academies.
- All classes with children > great for teachers who love working with kids.
- Fabulous El Puerto de Santa Maria > some of the best beaches in Spain!
*16.00-20.00 typical. With Thursday morning planning and meeting day!
Head Teacher: works under Director of Educational Programmes using the a few hours hours before class to do admin and part management of English Academy. These responsibilities may include the following, be it doing them independently or in assistance to the Director of Educational Programmes:
- Running assigned parts of training.
- Running parts of Thursday teacher meetings.
- Running some teacher development sessions.
- Assisting teachers having difficulties with certain classes and/or students.
- Running tutorials with parents and/or students.
- Running special events/days, like Halloween or Xmas Party.
As Spark is an incredibly supportive environment and excellent place to develop management skills this position is perfect for young talented teachers to take the first step towards possible DOS roles.
Spanish+English Teacher: Spark looks to always have one teacher who teaches Spanish in the morning and English in the afternoon. The morning classes will normally be with school group parties but could be one to one classes with adults on occasion. Each class is paid per hour in addition to the normal monthly rate for English classes. Excellent opportunity for bilingual people who love teaching both languages.