Work Experience in Spain with Spark
If you are interested in work experience in Spain then why not think about doing it at Spark. We are looking for individuals with special talents who can offer their skills in return for discounted Spanish courses as well as free accommodation in our cultural residence, Sparkville. Particular skill areas we are interested in include:
- Languages besides English, Dutch or Spanish to translate pages of our website
- Artistic and creative abilities to design or revamp areas of our school.
- Marketing or IT experience.
- Working with children and support assistance with our school groups. Can include serving food and helping out with logistical coordination and set up.
- Any skill which makes you unique and special :).
- General admin office support.
- Helping out with English classes on Fridays or Saturday game days.
- See the type of work done here.
Set Up + Key Aspects
*** Depending on the time of the year, our work experience has different set ups. Refer to the right date period to see what would be your options ***
28.07.19 – 24.08.19: 215€ a week, includes:
- General Spanish Course 20 classes a week.
- Lodging in shared room with another work experience staff member or Spark staff member.
- Cultural Activity Programme -3-4 activities*2
- Tasks in this period are mainly connected to running of Adult Academy, including cultural events and check ins and project tasks.
- Recommended age: 16-24 year old.
25.08.19-28.09.19: 215€ a week
- General Spanish Course of 20 classes. If no students of the same level then 5 hours one to one.
- Lodging in a single room. Upgrade to single ensuite +30€ to premium +55€.
- basic cultural activity programme depending on number of students. Av 1-2 events*2.
- Tasks in this period are mainly project based tasks connected to the development of Spark.
- Recommended age: 16-24 year old.
Other Months: Price depending on number of hours chosen
- 125€ 5 one to one classes or 225€ 10 one to one classes.
- Lodging in Sparkville. When groups here, would be sharing with other work experience students or spark staff. When no groups here may be a single room.
- Tasks in this set up are more practical than others months and mainly involve assisting with school group parties and helping out with logistics and admin connected to that. However students will also usually have a project tasks too although with less time dedicated to it than in summer months.
- Recommended age: 16-19 year olds.
- Have a one off 25€ registration fee.
- Tutor to push professional development throughout.
- Reference reflecting performance.
- No food is provided but access to self catering facilities.
|Duration||We recommend a minimum of 4 weeks to get full benefit of this programme.|
||We will provide you the opportunity to work 3-4 hours a day here at Spark to show off your talent!*1|
|Accommodation||We will provide you with FREE accommodation at Sparkville for the duration of your stay. Unfortunately we cannot provide meals.|
|Maximum age||There is no set maximum age, however normally this programme best suits 16-24 year olds due to nature of the work experience tasks.|
|Includes||After you have completed your work experience we will provide you with a certificate for your Spanish course as well as a reference for your future employees for your great work!|
|Key Benefits for you||* cheaper way to learn
* gain work experience.
* Receive a work reference.
* Tutored throughtout by work coach expert.
* Develop effective work habits.
*1: work timetable may be spread about i.e. more hours one day and less others. Could at weekends at times.
*2: Spark organizes activities. Costs like food, drink, entrance tickets and transportation covered by student. Work experience students may not be able to attend events that clash with their work time.