A Fantastic and Truly Memorable Time in Spain
Spark Spanish is based in El Puerto de Santa Maria, a beautiful beach town situated in the south west of country and great for school trips to Spain. Here the combination of a relaxed and typically Andalusian way of life with a lack of foreign tourists and Spark Spanish’s central location makes the town an ideal location for Spanish learning school trips to Spain. Here are some of El Puerto’s great features for school groups:
- The town is small and very safe, offering teachers peace of mind for a trouble-free trip.
- Our host families are all located close to the centre and to Spark Spanish school, avoiding arduous cross-city bus journeys.
- El Puerto has a rich history, being the home of sherry and the place Columbus set sail from, and having the widest bull ring in Spain. Click here to see videos of El Puerto
- The climate and spectacular beaches mean that El Puerto is a great destination at any time of the year.
- 95% of the homestay families send their own children to our language academies or bilingual school giving the whole experience a genuine family feeling.
In short, El Puerto is where the Spanish go on holiday
El Puerto de Santa Maria’s rich culture and fantastic beaches are famous throughout Andalusia and Spain, and has an almost exclusively Spanish-based tourist industry, meaning there is a vibrant and authentic Spanish culture that students can immerse themselves in on a school trip. The lack of foreign tourism also means that English isn’t widely spoken, giving students the perfect opportunity to really use their Spanish.
Perfectly located to discover amazing Andalusia
El Puerto is situated on the bay of Cadiz, in close proximity to the large cities of Andalusia and near the beautiful Sierra de Grazalema, meaning you are spoilt for choice when choosing excursions for you school trip in Spain.
- How to get to El Puerto? Just 20 mins from Jerez airport, 1 hour 15 mins from Seville and 3 hours from Malaga. We organise bus pick ups accompanied by our chaperone
- Just 20 mins by ferry to wonderful bohemian Cadiz
- 1 hour 30 mins to stunning Seville
- 1 hour to the magical pueblos blancos in the Sierra de Cadiz
- Surrounded by wonderful old world fishing villages, like Bolonia and Zahara de los Atunes, with beautiful white sand beaches