At Spark we offer Spanish teaching positions combined with other responsibilities like client attention, receptionist work, group chaperone and school group coordination. Below is a general guideline to the types of positions we have, however please note usually the roles of the positions overlap, especially in quieter moments of the year.
School Group Chaperone and Trip Coordinator (recruiting for apx 2 weeks in Oct 22 and Feb 23-Julio 23)
This position’s primary function is to be responsible for all parts of school groups stay in Spark. This would involve: staying with the group in Spark, accompanying them on excursions and during activities, being responsible for activities/services run by suppliers, teaching Spanish to assigned group and most of all ensuring the children and teachers have a safe and fantastic spanish learning trip.
- Run School Group trips to the highest standard possible as a chaperone and programme organizer.
- Accompany groups on all excursions and activities and look after group throughout their stay in Spark which would involve lodging in the Spark residence when groups are here.
- Organize all activities, lodging arrangements for any part of a school trip.
- Be in charge of all external supplier communication and organization and
for quality of their services during a trip.
- (if a homestay group) Organize and communicate with host families for visiting students and make sure all is well.
- Help with the food service to groups in the required role, be that helping prepare breakfast, supervising diets or ensuring external staff do these to the required level.
- Between groups, help with the organization and bookings of the next school parties. Also with practical organization of the Spark building as required.
Spanish Teacher (only when extra classes exist)
Teach any Spanish classes as assigned to mainly secondary school students, at times primary school students and / or adults.
- Teach Spanish classes as assigned.
- Prepare classes and complete and admin related to the classes
- Communicate any issues or problems to the school group chaperone or the Director as soon as possible
Type of candidates we look for
At Spark we pride ourselves on our people development skills. Therefore we like to find young talented individuals, looking to not just be a teacher but also use other skills they have. We are a hard working but very supportive team and look for candidates who believe in these values. We seek to reward capable individuals who want to prove themselves by contributing more to our mission, not just monetary but also with opportunities to bring out their hidden talents at an early age. In all positions, an intermediate level of English is required. It is more important to us the candidate have a desire to self-develop than it is they have experience, although of course the later with the former is preferred. For more about us refer to our values and vision page and to “who we are pages” on Spark Spanish site.
Spanish Teacher and Language Centre Receptionist (not recruiting for 22/23)
This position’s primary function, apart from teaching Spanish on a daily basis, is to coordinate Spark’s client attention in our English Academy. However, as we are small intimate team, this position, like all Spark staff, is also involved directly in other areas as well as helping out in the many daily tasks that come up in a dynamic small company.
- Morning: Teach classes daily in the Spanish Adult language department.
- Afternoon: Be the main client attention coordinator for the English academy, attending Spanish parents at the reception and by phone as required.
- Afternoon: Oversee the inscriptions and payments for our English department.
- Afternoon: Assist in any sales projects as assigned for our Spanish department.
- Afternoon: During summer when the English academy is not running, the afternoon is mainly taken up with organizing cultural activities and teaching additional classes.
- When we have more than 1 group and/or when needed this position will also act as a chaperon for our school group programmes.